H&H Trailers by Novae Corp. Bill of Materials Specialist in CLARINDA, Iowa
Bill of material specialist responsibilities
The Bill of Materials Specialist is responsible for creating, modifying, and maintaining Product codes and Bills of Materials to support order management, manufacturing, material requirements and costs. This position must maintain accurate and timely records to meet production and product management requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing Bills of Materials and maintaining existing Bills of Materials in Visual Manufacturing ERP and Novae Configurator.
- Create, modify and maintain accurate and consistent multi-level Bills of Materials (BOMs).
- Responsible for complete accuracy of the Bills of Materials through rigorous auditing processes in alignment with manufacturing engineering.
- Responsible for building and handling all change control processes required for BOM accuracy.
- Responsible for becoming fully competent in using the Bill of Materials maintenance and reports in Novae business operating system and Visual Manufacturing ERP.
- Work with Operations, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing teams to ensure that the BOM has the correct structure as well as the correct components and quantities.
- Actively engage in the construction of BOMs derived by cross functional communication with internal teams.
- Participate in all BOM related support for design and engineering.
- Understand cost impact of changing BOMs and Items as well as impact on production use, inventory values, variances, and COGS.
- Analyze all BOM and routing change requests to ensure that each level of the multi-level BOM is changed in accordance with the requested change and ensure that the change request is necessary.
- Facilitate any discussions that are required to resolve issues relating to BOM and Item creation and maintenance.
- Participate in or lead teams/groups related to BOM accuracy.
- Perform special cost analysis, prepare reports, and other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure content of BOM / Timing is always up to date.
- Engage with Operations, Purchasing, and Engineering teams to resolve issues.
- Serve as a crucial liaison between Engineering, Operations and Procurement teams.
- Performs other related duties as required and or as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of High School Diploma or its Equivalent.
- Prefer trailer/equipment construction experience and reviewing bills of materials.
- Must have analytical and planning skills sufficient to determine resources and time required to complete projects.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with ERP systems preferred.
``` - Efficient with MS Excel and proficient utilizing a personal computer and related software applications. - Independent, accurate way of working and understanding of complex processes and interdependencies, ability to review work for any discrepancies, and high problem-solving ability.
``` - Must be able to work under pressure and respond accurately to requests in a timely manner. - Ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally at all levels - Must contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed - Good typing skills for accurate key strokes in data entry - Ability to use a calculator to correctly verify work and operation costs
- Associate's degree or higher with related experience.
- Manufacturing experience a plus