Skyworks RF Engineering Technician in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
RF Engineering Technician
Apply now »
Date:Sep 30, 2023
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, US
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 71512
Skyworks Cedar Rapids design center is seeking full-time RF Engineering Technicians to join our Mobile Solutions team. In this role you will provide technician and engineering support, help with assembly, and assist with various tasks in a lab environment. Our Cedar Rapids design center has leading R&D and product development capabilities. Skyworks is one of the most cutting edge and impactful players helping people connect across the globe. Cedar Rapids, IA is a vibrant city with low traffic, low cost of living, quality schools, and plenty to do in the form of great restaurants, sports, live music, theatre, hiking, biking and more! Cedar Rapids is consistently ranked as one of the country’s most affordable cities. Learn more about the fantastic Cedar Rapids lifestyle when you talk with our team!
• Solder, swap SMD components on PCB with advanced solder iron under microscope
• Create SMD tuning kit for product prototype development
• Run RF test benches to verify simulated performance using manual as well as highly automated test equipment
• Create/trouble shoot wire harness, evaluation boards.
• Create STC (Specification To Compliance) Files that define all required tests
• Create / Modify GUTS (General Unified Test Solution) Programs that drive automated test solutions
Hardware Tools Used:
• Network Analyzers
• Spectrum Analyzers
• Signal Generators
• Digital Receivers
• Power meter
• High Precision Laser Equipment
• RF probe station
• Soldering station
• Associate Degree in EE Tech Program
• Basic knowledge of RF, electronics and ESD procedures
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple assignments at once
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Familiar with measuring, tuning, optimizing RF and/or analog/mixed-signal IC's
• Excellent communication, good troubleshooting skills, an eagerness to continually learn, a passion to win/contribute, ability to work in and thrive in a team environment
• A strong understanding of RF fundamentals, analog design concepts, PA concepts, wireless knowledge, test equipment operation and test equipment automation
• Familiar with programming language such as C, C++ or Python
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is currently USD $46,500 - $81,500 per year. Starting base pay will depend on relevant experience and skills, training and education, business needs, market demands, the ultimate job duties and requirements, and work location. Skyworks has different base pay ranges for different work locations in the U.S.Benefits (https://www.skyworksinc.com/en/Careers/Benefits) include access to healthcare benefits (including a premium-free medical plan option), a 401(k) plan and company match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid time off (including vacation, sick/wellness, parental leave), among others. Employees are eligible to participate in an incentive plan, and certain roles are also eligible for additional awards, including recognition and stock. These incentives and awards are based on individual and/or company performance.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Segment: RF Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network, Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: