Remedy Staffing - Des Moines Industrial Machine Operator in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our client is a world-wide leader in copper and brass metal strip manufacturing. We are looking candidates for MACHINE OPERATOR positions. These are all temp to hire positions.\ \ If you have experience with any of the following: Industrial Machine Operations, Construction, Warehouse Operations or General Labor, then this is an opportunity you do not want to miss!\ \ Previous experience in manufacturing or in a foundry with background in Casting or CNC machine operating is a plus!\ Shift/Hours:3rd shift. 7PM - 7AM.\ Pay:\$20.48/hour + shift differential.\ \ Essential Duties:
- Set up and operate computer controlled manufacturing equipment.
- Review schedules to determine work sequence and equipment checklists.
- Pay strong attention to detail and committed to promoting and maintaining workplace safety.
- Have the ability to understand and apply basic operating principles and techniques to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Have good mechanical and general aptitude, the ability to learn quickly, and operate heavy industrial equipment.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment if needed.
- Previous forklift experience is a plus.
\ Job Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to read, write, stand, talk and hear.
- Occasionally may be required to sit, walk, bend, stoop, use hands and fingers, write, type, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to reach, grasp, twist, bend frequently during the shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 10 pounds constantly.
- Must have the ability to distinguish and identify colors.
- Frequently required to read. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school experience and/or a minimum of one-year heavy industrial machine operation experience is recommended. However, on the job training will be provided for the right candidate.
This is a production manufacturing environment. May include weather and environment temperature extremes both hot and cold.\ \ About Our Client:\ Our client is the leading supplier of high-quality copper and precision metal alloys in North America. Products include a wide range of copper and precision metals in strip, coil, sheet, and plate forms encompassing a variety of attractive colors and finishes. With a heavy emphasis on research and development, our client is unmatched in its ability to develop proprietary and customized materials to solve customer problems. Everyone works as a team and truly supports each other working to achieve our production and client satisfaction goals.\