WestRock Company Electrical - Maint. Specialist in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Electrical, Maintenance Specialist
Description & Requirements
WestRock Container located in Cedar Rapids, IA is actively seeking an Electrical, Maintenance Specialist to support our operations as we strive to reach world class performance levels. The right candidate has a proven record of performance, and in previous jobs, has demonstrated the drive to achieve and move up. Ideal candidates initiate their own learning, get along well with others, and are helpful to co-workers. Candidates must handle the physical job requirements (heat, noise, shift work, work indoors or outdoors) and have the mechanical, numerical, and verbal aptitude to learn our jobs quickly.
How you will impact WestRock:
As an Electrician you will (among other things):
· Work from prints, diagrams, specifications, and instructions covering emergency and scheduled repairs.
· Demolition, installation, testing and inspection of work on electrical systems.
· Install system components and wiring in compliance with the NEC, NESC, NFPA and the UFC
· Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical control circuits for motors, PLC hardware and software and control devices for various electrical devices.
· Test, inspect, clean, repair, dismantle, adjust, replace, assemble and maintain all manual or automatic AC and DC systems, electrical equipment, transformers, switch gear, control panels, regulators, distribution systems, generation systems and various other electrical components
· Electrical technicians perform a variety of maintenance related tasks in connection with the maintenance department to improve the reliability and uptime of equipment used in the pulp and paper manufacturing process.
· Maintenance Mechanical
· The "front line" in the maintenance organization, these personnel have the largest impact on machine condition. Additional duties:
· · Minimizing machine downtime by completing required maintenance in the scheduled timeframe and notifying production supervisors that maintenance is nearly complete to ensure a quick machine startup.
· · Supporting work order process by not completing any maintenance without a work order, giving detailed corrective actions when closing out work orders, and filling out work orders for any discrepancies discovered and documented during Planned Maintenance.
· · Building cross-functional knowledge on machines.
· · Taking responsibility for the condition of their assigned piece of equipment.
· · Working with supervisors, plant manager, and scheduler to prioritize work orders on a regular basis.
· · Helping lead equipment strategy workshops and identifying production-limiting machine problems that are not being addressed by the current equipment strategy.
· · Leading and coordinating capital projects for the plant
· · Familiarity of fluid power systems, pumps, plumbing, and rigging.
· · Ability to use all shop tools properly.
· · Ability to read machine drawings and electrical schematics.
· · Ability to weld.
What you need to succeed:
· Prefer to have at least four years’ experience working in an industrial maintenance environment as a Journeyman level electrician or two years’ experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment as a Journeyman Electrician and two years formal education (certified trade school program) in either Electrical or Instrumentation.
· Basic knowledge and experience in computer usage.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D
· Must be able to work Any Shift
· Must be able to pass a multi-phase physical, Drug screen
The selection process
· The WestRock Selection Process: Our selection process includes the above qualifications, online aptitude testing, panel interviews, field testing, and the Journeyman placement test.
What we offer:
· Compensation: $40.59/hour
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
· The Journeyman Electrician currently has an hourly rate of $40.59 In addition, WestRock offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, retirement, an employee assistance program, fitness reimbursement program, paid holidays, and paid vacation. You will also be eligible for many discounts available exclusively to WestRock employees.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.