OWEN INDUSTRIES INC Production Control Specialist in Carter Lake, Iowa
\ A focused mindset\ A prioritized, multi-tasker\ A solver of problems\ A good communicator who collaborates well with others\ \ These are just some of the traits were looking for our next Production Control Assistant. A production control assistant helps maintain project records. They Coordinate blue prints and production drawings to be released and routed to our fabrication and machinery departments.\ \ Sound complex? Dont have experience reading blue prints? Dont worry-well train you! If youre dependable and detail oriented, then you should consider this position! At Owen Industries, were looking for individuals who want to add value to their work team and environment.\ \ Owen has been leading the steel industry for centuries, with a legacy extending to 1885. A family-owned company with 6 divisions across the Midwest. We realize that our commitment to excellence and innovation has propelled our continued growth. We look for excellence in the people we hire because we know the quality of our employees has a significant impact on our ability to build lasting customer partnerships.\ \ We seek a professional who has strong sense of pride and purpose, and who has a passion for providing an excellent customer experience, while making meaningful contributions to a dynamic organization.\ \ Key responsibilities and tasks
- Receive, review, and track design drawings from the customers. This includes logging into the applicable drawing management program.
- Receive, review, and track shop drawings between the detailer and the customer throughout the shop drawing approval process.
- Release shop drawings and CNC files to the shop for fabrication and ensure the correct revision is being utilized.
- Manage shop drawing revisions and confirm adherence to the shop change procedure.
- Manage transmittals of project data to and from PVS sub-contractors.
- Ensure CNC files are routed to the proper equipment.
- Verify that material data file is imported properly into the PVS Material Requirements Planning (MRP) program.
- Keep project data records current and accurate.
- Work closely with production manager to ensure that drawings and fabrication data is being processed and released in accordance with project schedules and shop needs.
- Review current data management processes and procedures for improvements.
- Assist Vendor Data Manager in management of project specific submittals.
- Review all incoming material Purchase Orders and Material Test Reports for accuracy.
- Assist Production with maintaining heat traceability.
- Work with Quality department and the project managers to make sure all Non-Conforming Reports get resolved.
- All other duties as assigned
- To assist in the continuous quality improvement process
- To assist in the receiving of material and data verification
- To assist the Purchasing Manager in administrative tasks
- To work with all departments in a professional and courteous manner
- To carry out duties in accordance with ISO standards and other company procedures
\ Required work skills and knowledge
- Technical skills and knowledge of processes
- Organization / prioritization
- Problem solving
- Acceptance of responsibility
- Regular Attendance and Punctuality
- Team player
- Quality control