Michael Foods (M.G. WALDBAUM COMPANY) Plant Cost Accountant - BT in BRITT, Iowa
Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that\'s First in Food.
Michael foods, Inc. located in Britt, Iowa where more eggs are produced within a 100 mile radius than anywhere in the world. Small town living and friendly faces make Britt, Iowa a place to call home. Our location is an egg processing flacility that varies from breaking, pasteurization, and dried egg. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that\'s First in Food.
The Plant Cost Accountant is responsible for the preparation and analysis of accounting reports related to manufacturing processing at the Britt facility, including cost estimates, labor efficiency and downtime as well as assisting in the monthly close process, monthly Key Performance Indicator reporting, weekly and mid-month trend reporting and process order monitoring.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Prepare weekly operational reporting related to manufacturing processing at the Britt facility. Reports include line performance, labor efficiency and downtime.
- Prepare shrink reporting on plant operations including liquid egg, ingredients, packaging and other applicable plant processing costs.
- Balances and reports on finished goods inventory on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile raw material inventory counts and ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Monitor process order variances throughout the month and act as a liaison between production and accounting to resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate the set-up of new products and raw material items within SAP. Monitor updates to existing products and materials as necessary.
- Responsible for master data set up: resources, materials, BOM\'s and recipes
- Prepare standard cost estimates.
- Prepare weekly recaps of rework and scrap charges.
- Assist in the completion of month-end close (journal entries, order settlement, account reconciliations, KPI reporting)
- Assist with the completion of annual budgets.
- Completes USDA forms weekly and monthly for government reporting.
- Complete special projects or other duties as required.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP\'s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: *
Bachelor\'s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 2-year accounting experience.
- SAP and Cost Accounting in manufacturing a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers/vendors, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or public groups.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated Supervisory skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for effective and efficient utilization of computer technologies
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.