EY Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Consultant - National Tax in Atlanta, Georgia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Consultant, you'll help improve DEI within EY. To achieve this, you'll use your in-depth knowledge of DEI principals to assess needs and identify and recommend programs or other approaches. You'll develop and implement training programs for personnel, counsel professionals, and lead project teams on strategic projects. Through all your work, you'll apply departmental management procedures and project management standards.
In this role, you'll also manage stakeholder expectations, communications, budget, timelines and performance reporting for DEI projects.
Your key responsibilities
· Developing and implementing policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce, and promote inclusiveness
· Explaining difficult concepts and issues and persuade others to adopt a point of view
· Designing DEI initiatives, making use of internal and external resources and relationships
· Creating, developing and managing the scope, project plan and schedule for complex projects
· Reporting on project and program progress, to evaluate quality and performance
· Assessing and introducing DEI initiatives that meet EY's needs
· Developing and executing training for employees, to increase awareness of DEI
· Selecting change management tools for improving DEI within the firm
· Implements tools and processes to integrate D&I programs or strategies
· Understand and apply recognized project management standards (scope, scheduling, planning, time management, resource management, communication and cost management)
· May allocate staff and budget resources, to meet changing project and program needs.
· Working with field representatives and DEI Leader on implementing and executing firm DEI strategy
· Acquiring a strong understanding of key business and financial drivers that determine EY's success. Determining how to incorporate firm wide DEI initiatives
· Being actively involved in external diversity conferences and organizations.
Skills and attributes to success
· Possesses strong knowledge in DEI (gender, ethnicity, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender (LGBT), disabilities, generations, etc.)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Change management / organizational development knowledge
· Strong project management skills and analytical skills
· Strong understanding of Equal Opportunity Employment (EEO) laws
· Ability to interpret EEO data and reports
· Strong knowledge of DEI theory and practice
To qualify, candidates must have
· Bachelor's degree, in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
· 8 plus years related experience
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Knowledge around DEI thought leadership and industry trends
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience working within professional services
What we look for
We’re interested in individuals who have a passion around DEI with the ability to influence change and motivate others. You’ll need to be an inclusive and highly collaborative team member and leader. Our leaders will look to you for guidance, you’ll also need to be consultative in your approach.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .
- EY Jobs