AIRGAS USA LLC Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler) in Ankeny, Iowa
R10027797 Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler) (Open)
Ankeny, IA - S. Creekview Dr. - Acetylene production and filling
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler) - Ankeny, IA - Monday-Friday, First Shift The Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler) will be responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas.
- Performs cylinder analyses and ensures compliance government and company standards.
- Calculates to gas mixtures to meet requirements and documents results. Ensures that a mixture can be safely made.
- Selects cylinders and valve combinations to ensure compatibility with the mix and compliance.
- Operates control panels, containing valves and pressure gauges, and scales to accurately measure gas mixtures.
- Completes all necessary documentation to accurately record all production actions.
- Complies with company procedures and government regulations relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse/material-handling equipment.
- Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets; ensuring they are strapped in.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
________________________Are you a MATCH?
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of related technical experience. In lieu of specific industry experience, may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP or similar ERP system preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite or Microsoft Office applications.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position\'s responsibilities.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company\'s written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement. This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424).
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not discriminate against qualif ed applicants with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to .
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability