B & G FOODS NORTH AMERICA Line Operator - East Room - R3085 in Ankeny, Iowa
Ready to be part of something special? Join our Family!
Ready to be part of something special? Join our Family!
Title: Line Operator - East Room
Hourly Rate: $25.24/hour plus $0.55/hr shift differential
Shift Hours: M-Th 3:15pm to 1:45am
Overtime as required, Friday and Saturday
Benefit Package: 1st of month following 60 days Health, Dental, Vision, Life; 401(k) 1st of month following 90 days 100% match up to 4% of employee's salary; uniforms provided; on-site cafeteria
A member of the line production team which processes, fills, and packages products in a safe, efficient, and effective manner consistent with company safety and quality standards.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Follows standard operating procedures and participates in resolving production problems, where indicated, by communicating ideas to team members or supervisory staff.
- Demonstrates safe work practices to prevent on the job injuries by following all company and OSHA safety regulations.
- Sets up, operates and makes adjustments on machines that perform one or more packaging functions, such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, packing or wrapping containers.
- Observes production machinery during operation to detect machine malfunction and makes adjustments for optimum operation and to ensure conformance to production specifications.
- Completes accurate and timely record keeping functions such as downtime and production recording, items count, HACCP logs and data collection using a computer.
- Stops machine, clears jam(s) and re-supplies packaging components to operating machines; complies with all lock out-tag out requirements.
- Performs hand fill functions by filling containers with dried product, then weighs and labels container.
- Observes and inspects product moving along conveyor to identify product defects and defective packaging and removes those containers that do not meet quality assurance standards.
- Performs line operations, using standard change-overs and set-ups for production runs.
- Removes cartons and containers filled with product from the packaging machine conveyor and palletizes on skids.
- Complies with company standards of cleanliness on the production lines and in surrounding work areas.
- Reads work orders/schedule specifications and follows oral instructions of others to determine work procedures, machine set-up and material requirements in order to meet product specifications.
- Works as a member of the production team by communicating line operation information to coworkers in a timely manner to ensure efficient operation of the production line.
- Communicates with and informs Material Handler to dump product into machine bin.
- Assists in training new line operators and ongoing training of current production employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned not an essential function
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude including a basic understanding of the various types of tools, tooling, and equipment used to complete job responsibilities.
- Performs basic math operations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to control the operation of machines and equipment and observe gauges, dials, or other indicators to assure the machine is working properly.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems associated with work processes.
- Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to deal effectively with persons representing widely diverse backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace and stand in one place for continuous periods of time.
- Communicates effectively with other line personnel and trainees in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrates efficient line operation on a regular basis by observing and following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing work tasks efficiently and safely. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Responds appropriately to supervision.
- Actively participates in resolving production problems.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Employees are expected to work at other work centers where job qualifications allow.
- Commitment to high quality standards of workmanship and production of quality product.
- Complies with all lock out-tag out requirements.
- Possess high school diploma or GED
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities
- Employee will learn how to use tooling, and operate and set up equipment and machinery used at the work site.
Equipment/Tools/Machinery Used includes, but is not limited to:
Packer Bottle Unscrambler
R-pak Bottle Cleaner
Weigher Case Sealers
Jet Pallet Jacks
Bottle Palletizers Pallet
Pliers Rubber Hammer Screw Drivers
Scale Hand Knives
Protective Clothing and Devices:
Many of the job duties of this position require you to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), if so, when and how to use this equipment will be explained to you at the time of hire.
To determine ability to perform job functions where the use of a respirator is required, employees will be given a physical examination prior to performing this type of work.
Has a critical role in assuring food safety and quality within the manufacturing environment by upholding food safety and regulatory policies and responsibilities.
Responsible for following cGMPs
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and good housekeeping
Ensure all food safety and quality records are completed accurately and timely.
Follow all appropriate equipment cleaning procedures.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
This position is in a manufacturing plant environment, works around moving mechanical parts, is exposed to airborne particles, and works around motorized vehicles.
Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
Hearing, speaking: Continuously. Must communicate with others and discriminate sounds with machines
Balancing: Occasionally to Frequently depending on the work environment.
Standing: Frequently to Continuously
Walking: Frequently to Continuously
Forward bend in standing: Occasionally to Frequently
Rotation in standing: Occasionally to Frequently
Seated rotation: Occasionally
Elevated work: Rarely up to 1-2 mins
Floor to waist lift: Frequently up to 20 lbs, Occasionally up to 40 lbs, Rarely up to 50 lbs
Waist to crown lift: Rarely up to 25 lbs
Horizontal lift: Occasion