OMG Midwest, Inc. Head of Operational Procurement - Ankeny, IA - 488850 in Ankeny, Iowa
Job ID: 488850
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 75,800 people at more than 3,160 locations in 29 countries. CRH is the leading building materials company in North America and the world. We manufacture and distribute a diverse range of superior building materials, products, and solutions, which are used extensively in construction projects of all sizes.
Purpose of the role:
The Head of Operational Procurement drives the execution of the defined category strategies on a local level. Manages the Operational Procurement Team. Identify and enable opportunities for cost reductions, cost avoidance and service improvements. Provides guidelines and direction to the local team to execute procurement tactics to achieve these benefits. Build strong and effective relationships both with internal customers, the local/regional category team and external suppliers to create the framework for the implementation of procurement initiatives and processes.
Well-rounded and experienced Procurement professional with sound business acumen, data and people driven person and decision maker. Ability to lead and drive the execution of the local category management agenda. A dedicated and engaged partner who strongly engages with both the business and the regional procurement organization to enhance collaboration and obtaining the local procurement objectives.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Drives the execution of the defined category strategy on a local level. Work closely with the Local Category Manager and Divisional Procurement team
- Manages the Operational Procurement team.
- Identifies and enable opportunities for cost reductions, cost avoidance and service improvements. Provides guidelines and direction to the local team to execute procurement tactics to achieve these benefits.
- Drive annual budgeted cost savings, margin improvements, and other procurement benefits, using best-in-class procurement techniques
- Provides monthly reporting on savings, benefits, key initiatives and projects through development of an effective Procurement Management dashboard (KPIs)
- Connecting procurement and portfolio strategies to the business strategy
- Overall responsible for delivering the procurement category strategy and plans across all channels supported by sourcing strategy, supplier negotiation, selection and evaluation
- Own the supplier relationships and take actions to deliver value through growth
- Responsible for reaching the profitability target
- Identify and interpret results, trends, business and market environment and drive procurement performance
- Apply sophisticated procurement principles in order to realize best cost
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Educated to a degree in Business or Technical
- 8y Procurement experience and 5y People Management experience
``` - Fluent written and verbal English is a must, other languages are considered a plus. - Willing to cooperate in international projects.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Proficient in Financial Software and utilization of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing and to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production ar as as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity