Valero Process Operator - Albert City Ethanol Plant in ALBERT CITY, Iowa
Oversees the daily operation of an assigned area of the production process within the plant. Working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule while maintaining a safe work environment. Monitors and maintains production quality and equipment, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
- Monitors and controls plant operations.
- Reviews the operation of the plant constantly to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Documents and monitors process variables, sample data and routine tasks as required for position, to ensure plant operations are maintained within operating parameters.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program, interprets results, and takes appropriate action when required.
- Communicates with all departments within the facility to ensure safe and efficient execution of daily plant activities.
- Monitors and troubleshoot process issues and equipment.
- Performs scheduled Operations Work Requests as requested by Supervisor or Plant Management.
- Prepares equipment to ensure it is safe for maintenance/contractors to perform scheduled work.
- Utilizes company safe work practices to ensure all work is performed safely.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs (LOTO-lock out tag out, Safe Work Permit, FSMA-Food Safety Modernization Act).
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Monitors use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned to maintain a safe, reliable, and consistent operation.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
Please click on the following link to view what the Process Operator job involves on a day to day basis:Realistic Job Preview
* High school diploma or GED required. * Associate Degree in Process Technology or equivalent preferred. * Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
About Valero Renewables – Albert City
Valero's Albert City ethanol plant is located near Albert City, Iowa, about 95 miles northeast of Sioux City. The biorefinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in December 2006. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Albert City plant annually processes approximately 47 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 355,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The biorefinery employs more than 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IA-Albert City
Job Posting: Mar 6, 2023, 8:56:00 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 230012P
- Valero Jobs